Shot blasting is the process of blasting a concrete surface with steel shot (small steel balls) at a high velocity. This removes contamination and laitance to reveal a mechanical profile for improved bonding. The concrete dust is recovered by a powerful dust collection system.
Steel shot blasting is the method of surface preparation recommended by most epoxy and urethane coating manufacturers:
- Eliminates the use of harsh, environmentally damaging chemicals and leaves the concrete floor with the desired profile.
- Is known for high production rates, blast pattern accuracy, and wide abrasive selection.
- Lends itself to efficient disposal of dust and other contaminants.
- Can be performed indoors or outdoors.
SCR Contracting Services Ltd. is a full-service prep contractor for the concrete floor coatings industry. We can also provide shot blasting services for the following uses:
- Floors, roadways, warehouses, manufacturing, parking garages and bridge decks.
- Concrete floors for commercial, retail, and industrial rehab projects.
- No job too small or too large.
- State-of-the-art equipment maintains a safe, dust-free environment.